Best of the West in Design, Jenny Komenda
Summer is here, and the Best of the West are all headed to Las Vegas Market! We've rounded up seven of the best and brightest in interior design and photography and are looking forward to a lively panel discussion with them on what's new in "West Coast Style"! As a sneak preview of what's to come, we checked in with each of our Best of the West influencers to see what West Coast style means to them, and what trends they're most looking forward to exploring this summer and beyond. Read on for insight from our panelists, and don't forget to catch the Best of the West panel for even more discussion. We'll see you at market!
Jenny Komenda is a Phoenix-based interior designer who runs the award-winning blog Little Green Notebook and the design business Juniper Studio. Currently a contributing editor for Domino, Jenny’s work has also been featured on many sites and publications ranging from House Beautiful and HGTV to Vogue and The Wall Street Journal. She was named as a “Designer to Watch” by Elle Decor and as the “Reigning Queen of DIY” by Better Homes and Gardens.
Jenny’s Signature West Coast Style
"West Coast style to me means comfortable, livable, relaxed spaces. Think white walls, warm woods, comfy and deep furniture, lots of greenery and soft textiles. My signature twist would be a healthy dose of color layered on top using art, soft goods and accessories!"
Jenny's "West Coast Style" in Four Pieces
- Bench cushion linen sofa with colorful pillows
- Tufted camel leather bench with brass legs
- Pair of re-covered vintage midcentury arm chairs in a tartan wool
- Perfectly worn-in vintage Turkish rug
Top Four Materials for Next Season
- Leather in all colors: blush, green, warm black
- Anything handmade looking, like crocheted throws or handwoven baskets
- Cerused woods
Top Four Colors for Next Season
- Peachy nude
- Eucalyptus green (I refuse to call it sage!)
1. Mid-century Tartan Chair Blue Ocean Traders, C403, Helsinki Chair, Plaid
2. Turkish Rug Tayse Rugs, C768, FVW3102 Ivory
3. Cerused Woods Global Views, A153, T-Flex Table-Black Cerused Oak
4. Handmade-looking Objects IMAX Worldwide Home, A429, TY Persimmon Woven Baskets – Set of 4
5. Tufted Leather and Brass Bench Four Hands, A140, Oxford Bench
Top Four “Must See” Showrooms at Las Vegas Market
Upcoming Trends She’s Eyeing at Market
"We’re always on the hunt for great baskets, pretty pillows with amazing tassels and woven leather furniture pieces."
Favorite Find at Las Vegas Market
"The Holmes bookshelf by Four Hands was a game changer for me! OBSESSED!"
Favorite Places to Stay/Dine in Las Vegas
"We like trying different hotels every market; this summer we’ll being staying at the Vdara. For restaurants, I like Momofuku!"
Market Shopping Tips for First-Timers
"When at market, there is no such thing as too much planning or shoes that are too comfortable! It’s also a good idea to bring a collapsible tote and a portable phone charger."