ANDYZ Design Awards Submission Now Open
Deadline to apply is May 1
LAS VEGAS – March 1, 2023 – Interior designers, architects, showrooms and design students are invited to submit their best work from the past year for consideration in the ninth annual ANDYZ Design Awards. Las Vegas Design Center (LVDC) and the California Central/Nevada Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) will recognize finalists and announce winners during the Summer 2023 Las Vegas Market, running July 30- August 3, 2023 at World Market Center Las Vegas.
“Interior designers across the country are producing outstanding work and we want to recognize them at this year’s ANDYZ awards,” said Cain Brodie, LVDC general manager. “We encourage design professionals to submit recent work for consideration and we will gather to celebrate exceptional creativity and unique points of view.”
In 2023, the ANDYZ Awards expand to 14 categories. New for this year, Best Residential Kitchen Design splits to recognize projects under and over 150 sq ft and Best Residential Bathroom Design splits to recognize projects under and over 75 sq ft.
The 2023 ANDYZ categories are:
- Best Custom Furnishings/Product Design
- Best Residential Kitchen Design – Under 150 Sq Ft
- Best Residential Kitchen Design – Over 150 Sq Ft
- Best Residential Bathroom Design – Under 75 Sq
- Best Residential Bathroom Design – Over 75 Sq Ft
- Best Residential Outdoor Space Design
- Best Individual Residential Space Design – Residence Over 3000 Sq Ft
- Best Individual Residential Space Design – Residence Under 3000 Sq Ft
- Best Multiple Residential Space Design – Residence Over 3000 Sq Ft
- Best Multiple Residential Space Design – Residence Under 3000 Sq Ft
- Best Commercial Space Design
- Best Hospitality Space Design
- Best Showroom Design
- Best Student Design
“Early bird” submissions will be accepted until April 3 at $100 for ASID members and $125 for non-members per professional entry, and $25 per student member entry and $30 per non-member student entry. From April 4 through May 1, entry fees are $150 per professional entry, and $35 per student entry. There is no limit to the number of entries that may be submitted. For official entry forms, contest rules and guidelines, visit: https://cacnv.asid.org/andyzawards.
The ANDYZ Awards, named to bear a resemblance to “Annual Nevada Design,” were created in 2015 to recognize exceptional design from designers, design firms and students. Interior design projects in residential, commercial, hospitality and student categories will be judged by a panel of ASID board members from across the country on five main criteria: presentation; innovation/creative use of space; scale and functionality; aesthetics; and overall execution.
The 2022 ANDYZ winners were:
- Best Residential Bathroom Design: Dani Boyd, Dani Boyd Design, Los Angeles, CA
- Best Commercial Space Design: Wendy Glaister, Wendy Glaister Interiors, Modesto, CA
- Best Custom Product Design: Eryka Glover, ErykaG Design, Las Vegas, NV
- Best Hospitality Space Design: Jamie Stringham, Interior Dynamics, Las Vegas, NV and Laura Fullow, Laura Fullow Designs, Las Vegas, NV
- Best Individual Residential Space over 3,000 sq. ft.: Daniel J. Chenin, Daniel Joseph Chenin Ltd., Las Vegas, NV
- Best Residential Kitchen Design: Lori Brazier, House of Brazier, Sacramento, CA
- Best Multiple Residential Space over 3,000 sq. ft.: Daniel J. Chenin, Daniel Joseph Chenin Ltd., Las Vegas, NV
- Best Multiple Residential Space under 3,000 sq. ft.: Eric Benning, Benning Design Construction, Sacramento, CA
- Best Outdoor Space Design: Daniel J. Chenin, Daniel Joseph Chenin Ltd., Las Vegas, NV
- Best Student Design: Jinjin Huang, Fresno State University, Fresno, CA
- Best Individual Residential Space Under 3,000 sq. ft.: Eric Benning, Benning Design Construction, Sacramento, CA
Las Vegas Design Center is located at World Market Center Las Vegas on the first two floors of Building A and offers interior designers and other members of the trade year-round access to a comprehensive selection of the industry's finest product lines. To learn more, go to LasVegasMarket.com/year-round/lvdc.
The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) advances the interior design profession and demonstrates and communicates the power of design to positively change people’s lives. California Central / Nevada Chapter includes designers, industry representatives, educators and students in Central California and Nevada. For more information, visit https://cacnv.asid.org/.
Las Vegas Market is the leading home furnishings and gift market in the western U.S., presenting thousands of furniture, home décor and gift resources in an unrivaled market destination. Las Vegas Market’s diverse product offerings allow for cross-category commerce among these industries. The Summer 2023 Las Vegas Market is July 30 – August 3, 2023 at World Market Center Las Vegas. For more information, visit LasVegasMarket.com.
About International Market Centers: International Market Centers (IMC) serves as the center of commerce for the wholesale furniture, gift, home decor and apparel industries. IMC has more than 60 years of relationships and experience creating scalable business platforms for wholesale commerce. Our premium showroom spaces spanning more than 20 million square feet in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas and Atlanta, paired with our digital tools connect the wholesale industries we serve. IMCenters.com.
Chelsea Peabody Bohannon, 404.220.2141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Steel, 203.340.9251 or email@example.com